Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 2010

Hola familia,
I`m glad you got my card, I wanted to put a picture in it but I didn`t have time so I figgure I will be home in no time so I will just show ya when I get there. We had to be at the house at 10:00, so we had a barbeque on the grill, it was real good. We bought about 40.00 dollars worth of meat(Ribs, chicken wings, etc.) for the of us in the house. We also made shmores, it was fun because Elder Montalvo had never eaten one so it was fun to eat Gringo food again. I also burned a tie, for one because it is New Years and everyone in Chile make monkeys stuffed with newspaper and dressed with the clothes that you used in the year before, so you are killing the you of 2009 and welcoming in the you of 2010, it`s a crazy tradition and I didn`t have enough newspaper so I just burned a tie, more practicul that way. We watched the firework show and ate some more and by the time that 2:00 came we were so tired from eating so much so we had no problems falling asleep, even though there are people drinking and partying with music all night long. Oh by the way, it is so much fun teaching drunk people. je je :) The next day, we woke up from the sound of Elder Montalvo throwing up, those Latino stomaches cant handle an american barbeque. He had never thrown up in his mission and he leaves in two weeks so it was real funny. Then all morning long we played ¨Guess Who¨and UNO, it was so much fun to just relax. I miss those days playing games with the family.
I want to go to all the temples when I get home too, I was talking to Elder Haacke about how we should do that when we get home. It will be awesome when they complete Brigham City, have they started that temple? That was so cool to see my friend Rex, he is such a stud and even more bald then before, I love that family. I became really close to Rex and his little sister that is also in the foto. Those were some really fun times. You are gonna have to tell him congratualtions for me and tell him to come to my wedding, that is if I am that lucky to find a wife. Oh and yeah you can put me as a EFY counselor, it will be fun having fun with the kids and teaching them a bit. Anywho, that is what has been going on in my life lately, thanks for all you do. Dad I am praying for you and the buisness every night, so keep me posted. I love you all, peace out and con questo. :) je je Elder McKAY B. JACKSON

No comments: