Wednesday, November 4, 2009

October 19, 2009

Hey familiy, I cannot believe how fast the time goes by, I swear I was just sitting here writing you. But hey I wont complain. The mission is going real real good, it is extremely tough, probably the hardest it has been because I am opening a new sector, so I am getting to know the sector and the people with my companion because he knows just as much as I do. I am sure having a lot of fun though, I live in an apartment, and we are 4 Elderes. It is fun getting to know so many people, and understand their lives and why they are where they are at in life. I am learning a lot from the Zone, they are really obedient and have the desire to serve, so it really helps me out. It is like what Joseph Smith said, (I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves). I have 4 branches in my Zone, 2 of which are 2 hours away from me so I do all the training over the telephone with them, and the others come from other small towns an hour away or less. My ward is amazing, they work so good with us, so I guess we will be seeing our success in the future. I am going to Antofagasta tomorrow for a leadership training, so that means another 7 hours in bus there and 7 hours back, so that will be real fun, je je. At least I will be with another Elder, the other Zone Leader from the south, when I traveled here to Copiapo I was by myself, it is crazy being by yourself as a missionary. But it will be a lot of time to think right, it is hard because they are nice buses and they have televisions with movies playing so it is hard being a missionary in that moment. I sent you some fotos, it really is so beautiful here, still desert but much much better. We actually have grass at our church and lots of trees.Tell the ward hi, especially the Thompson family and the Price family, and of course all the family. Have a great week and I will be talking to ya then. I love you all. Elder McKay Bryan Jackson

No comments: