Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 9, 2009

That is too bad you didn`t get my letter. I don`t even remember what happened the last week or I would sum it up for ya`ll. I had some great experiences this week. I gave my first blessing in a hospital this week and it was the saddest yet one of the happiest moments of my life. I recieved a call from the assistants to the president telling me that there is a baby in really bad condition in the hospital, the family of the baby are members less active in the church, so we went running over to the hospital. Well we entered and we were led right to the baby which is rare because usually the doctors don`t let you in and they only let you in during the visiting hours, and you have to be family of the person, but we were on the Lords errand so we had some help. We arrived finally and the nurse told us we had to talk off our back packs and rings, watches, wash our hands and put on the special doctor coat so that the baby wont recieve any sickness. So then we walked in and the parents weren`t in the room, so we waited with the suffering baby. The baby`s name is Zinadine, and he has 3 months, he recieved a sickness because he didn`t receive all of his shots, so he can`t breathe on his own. He had machines all around him, the saddest thing ever watching him trying to breathe but not being able to. Zinadine would just look at me with the look of being helpless and wishing the suffering could stop. So we gave him a blessing because the doctor said that he needs one quick, so we blessed him with the Lords will saying that he will be able to grow normally without problems. We got our stuff and started to leave when we heard the machines going crazy. What we didn`t know is that we were giving the baby a blessing to return back to the Lord in peace, because right then he passed away. It was tough on me at first, I thought in few years I will have to be facing the same kinds of stuff with my own kids. I don`t want to watch my kids suffer, so then I thought, wow now I know how God felt when Christ was suffering for each and everyone of us. I am so glad that we belong to the True Church, we can receive so much comfort through the truth of knowing that we can be with our loved ones again.I also found a bunch of new investigadores, and the day that we found them was perfect, God led us right to them because that day they accepted baptismal dates. This really is the Lords work and he will not fail. keep going with the hard work Dad, you are the man. Thanks for being such a great example to me of going after your dreams, I hope I can be a man of success like you. I love you all so much, tell everyone hi and give them all hugs from Elder Jackson. Oiga, and what is this you are looking for houses kinda stuff. The Lord really is blessing you all. Have a great week and I will talk to you all later. Elder McKay Bryan Jackson

1 comment:

Jon and Jess said...

Wow, what a neat experience. I'm so glad he's doing so good all the way over there in Chile! Thanks so much for keeping this blog - it is so much fun to read and see all of the pictures!! :) Thank you!