Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010

Hey family, Calama is going great. I don`t know if I told you before but Presidente almost closed the city of Calama about 2 months ago because there was no progress and the members were not helping at all. They were all full of pride because of their richness. Well being here I feel like it is the exact opposite, my zone is having so much success and we have only been here for 2 weeks. It has definately been a challenge getting started, but I love challenges. We are going to be having the baptism of Cristian this week on Saturday, we are so excited. Then we will be able to help him get started on his mission papers. I am reaching all the goals that I had at the start of my mission, baptize someone that will later on go to the temple with his family(Oscar), marry two investigators and then baptize them(Alvaro and Yanet) and then send someone who we baptize on the mission(Cristian). The mission is going so great, I am said but also excited to see it finish soon. I will just have to take advantage of the time I have.
I am so happy that Trav is going on the mission. I was thinking about him all day Sunday, thinking how much he has progressed. Seems like he has really grown up and I can`t wait to see him in two years.
I am not gonna lie, I loved the email that you sent me, it was full of great news, Trav having his farewell, Tacy receiving her endowments, Jessika getting married, everyone finishing up there degree, Tiff making the Danze company heck yes, the Jazz in the playoffs, I just think of two songs when I hear such great news "Count your many blessings" and the other not so churchy "What a wonderful day" by Barry White. I get thinking, can life get any better, and then every week you write me, it always proves that it can get better and will. Can you even imagine the fullness of joy that we will have in the Celestial Kingdom together, it will be like entering into the celestial room for the first time but times infinity.
We had zone conference this week in Antofagasta, my zone traveled 3 hours there and 3 hours back. The conference was amazing. I am so greatful that God blessed me with such an amazing President, President Urra and Hermana Urra are so amazing. We have become so close, and it is sad that they wont be there to see me finish the mission. They finish the mission a week before me, so I won`t be having my final interview with President Urra, it will be with the new one. But hey, all is well. Also I received my "Casa Papers" or the documents that I have to fill out to get ready to go home, it made me sick. I didn`t think they would ever come, and now here they are. So i need a little information if you could send me the next week so I can get this information sent soon. Love Ya Elder Jackson

No comments: