Monday, November 3, 2008

November 1st 2008

Hola Familia Jackson,
Comos Estan? Gracias por los fotos, son super bueno y bacan. I can´t believe how big the chicaditos are. Everyone is growing up and I have only been out, what.... 4 months. But I am glad everything is going well. Haloween sounds like ya´ll had fun. What is the deal with only 20 kids showing up though, sounds like Chile. The people in Chile don´t really like Haloween because they say it is the official holiday of the devil, so the others that do trick or treat score some serious dulce. Some little girls that we dont even know gave us some of theirs at the end of the night, I love the people here. That is definately one thing that is better here, are the people. They will give you the shirt off their back, feed you, and give you shelter if you asked. Oh and mom, you can definately use my fat lady any time, my fat lady is your fat lady, mi casa es tu casa. Oh and another great thing is the 1st day of Noviembre, is the day of the dead. So everyone goes to the cemetary which is weird and spooky like in the movies of shakespear or something and they have big fiestas and people are selling candy and all kinds of stuff. It is like a carnaval like the day of 4th of July. But the Pastor preaches and sings to the people while right next to him was another booth for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The members and us(the missionaries) passed out folletos of the Plan of Salvacion and taught them about life after death and Gods love for us. There were so many people that were interested. It makes me really happy to know where I am going and that we have a plan, it gives the people hope. I have pictures but no camera today so next time I will send some pictures.
Also we had our Zone Conference this week for this transfer on Tuesday. It was amazing, we had Elder Lawrence Corbridge of the 70 for Chile come and talk to us all day. He is from Idaho and spoke spanish all day to us and taught us. He gave us a better way to teach, it shows the people the importance of our message. It is amazing. Ever since, we have 4 people that have accepted our invitation of baptism, they just need to be taught more and they should be ready. Oh and I don´t know if I told you but the whold missions goal is 4 baptisms by the end of the year starting last month and we have none so far. We are getting closer though. I didn´t get to teach that family because the dad doesn´t want us, one day though.
Oh I would love to see pictures of the shed, I think you already tried sending it but I never got pictures of that. But nice job dad, what´s next the house?
So there are a few things that I would really appreciate in the package, if you can´t that is fine, but I am needing CHAPSTICK, Blistex preferable, tiene sun screen, I haven´t seen any out here and I am almost out. Also, another JOURNAL, I am writing novels everyday of miracles so I am almost done with this Journal. SHAVERS, they are a little expensive here, if you can´t because they are blades that is totally fine. A few more PHOTOS of whatever, family maybe, like Josh and Tacy, the kids, ya´ll, Utah just whatever. I just need some more pictures to look at, including the Salt Lake Temple if you can, and a picture or two of my sky diving the people want to see it. I can´t think of anything really more. I am doing great with what I have.
Oh and the weather is amazing, it is like the 4th of July weather every day, I love it.
Well I have to go, but everything is going great. I love you all, thanks for everything. Everyone of ya´ll are in my prayers and my companions every night. Keep studying the scriptures and praying and have a great week. Love ya
Elder McKay Bryan Jackson
The First

No comments: